Custodial parents must be present to register a child for school. The child must reside with a custodial guardian. The Marshall County School System requires a person to have at least a temporary custody order that is signed by a judge.
The appropriate enrollment forms are listed above. Parents should provide the following when registering their children:
· Birth Certificate
· Social Security Card
· Health Record/Physical
· Proof of Residency
· Proof of custody
· Withdrawal from a previous school.
Proof of Residence
· Copy of signed lease agreement (including renewed lease agreement, signed valid non-contingent real estate sales contract or signed executed settlement with supporting documentation.
· Minimum of one utility bill (gas, electric, water, or hook-up verification) with physical address or other similar documents.
· Photo ID (driver’s license, passport, state issued ID)
· The resident verification form must be signed with signatures notarized by both parent/guardian and legal resident. The legal resident must be present at a time of registration verifying residence at the Marshall County address.
· Documentation verifying proof of Marshall County resident from the resident stated above.
· Photo ID of both the resident and the parent/guardian (driver license or passport.